Financial Controller, Accountancy Firm, Central London, GBP85,000
An exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, award winning PE backed Accountancy Firm as a Financial Controller. Reporting directly into the CFO, you will drive the businesses growth through streamlining processes and take the lead on developing the digital platform to expand their revenue stream.
Having recently been acquired, the company is going through a huge rebranding which offers an opportunity to get stuck in and become a key member of the Senior Finance Team. They are looking for a driven, high-rising, and curious individual to up-skill their team and challenge the norms!
With goals to increase their revenue by 700% through acquisition and and make the Accountancy Age Top 20, they need a focused and ambitious individual to truly add value and play a pivotal role in the businesses success.
Roles will include:
· Responsible for the companys bookkeeping, cash reconciliations and stakeholder reporting (including month end).
· Weekly supplier and expenses payments.
· Cashflow forecasting weekly/monthly depending on the time of the season.
· Budget tracking and forecasting with budget holders.
· Quarterly banking reporting and covenants compliance.
· Prepare annual financial statements under IFRS.
· Manage the annual audit process day to day.
· Manage VAT / sales tax reporting- this involves working with suppliers to extract relevant data from systems, and with tax advisors for compliance and timely submission.
· Work with key suppliers to ensure timely and accurate reporting on revenues and cash collection.
· Work with the CFO and key suppliers on the annual budget and rolling reforecasting process.
· Assist the CFO in keeping the 5 year business model updated.
· Manage HMRC and Companies House filings
· Manage the financial and operational data repository of the business.
· Assist the CFO with ad hoc commercial analysis.
You will be:
· Emotional intelligence to be able to connect with colleagues who have different skillsets and mindsets.
· Background in audit or managing an audit process from the company side.
· Experience of a fast-paced, professional services environment and be extremely adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly.
· An ability to foster excellent relationships with all stakeholders.
· The desire to solve problems whilst wanting to inspire, educate and share your knowledge and passion for the numbers.
· Integrity and appreciation of handling sensitive and confidential information, including payroll.
· Experience of managing currency exposure.
· Experience of reviewing and commenting on legal documents.
· Experience of business modelling and commercial analysis.
· A qualified accountant with experience in a professional services business.
Trace is an innovative consultancy and we are serious about finding you the right role. Our Predictive Fit Profiler is an in-house profiling tool which provides candidates and clients with a method for assessing personal fit within a company – through measuring personality, thinking style, cultural compatibility and motivations.