Financial Controller (SVP), maternity cover contract, cGBP70-80k
Our client a leading global entertainment company with a strong and diversified presence in film, television, home entertainment requires an FC for a 12 month contract. This role will be responsible for maintaining accounting records, financial reporting, data processing and analysis and supervising the finance team.
Key responsibilities include:
· Manage the quarterly reporting process to the US to required deadlines
· Lead the monthly management account process for internal reporting
· Provide support to the Financial Reporting Manager on the drafting of the year end individual and consolidated statutory accounts for audit.
· Work with the Financial Reporting Manager to manage the year end external audit process with and ensure all information is available and provided on time to the auditors.
· Keep up to date with new technical releases affecting the company such as developments in IFRS and US GAAP accounting rules and corporation tax legislation. Lead any changes required to working practices due to changes in rules.
· Maintain control of the royalty reporting ensuring statements are prepared, reviewed and distributed to required timescales.
· Manage any royalty audits with the assistance of the Royalty Accountant and ensure all information is available and provided on time to the auditors
· Work with the Financial Reporting Manager to ensure timely and accurate cash flow forecasting to US deadlines
· Ensure all accounting records are kept and maintained to comply with internal and external controls and legislation.
· Day to day management of the Senior Management Accountants, Financial Reporting Manager, Royalty Accountant, Junior Accountants and AP clerk/credit control
The brief is to source a Qualified Accountant with the technical skills set to lead all financial reporting, statutory compliance and team leadership of this well know global media brand. You will have previous experience of working in a US GAAP/IFRS led reporting environment, along with being able to demonstrate strong motivation and great communication skills.
Trace is an innovative consultancy and we are serious about finding you the right role. Our Predictive Fit Profiler is an in-house profiling tool which provides candidates and clients with a method for assessing personal fit within a company – through measuring personality, thinking style, cultural compatibility and motivations.