Accounts Assistant, Central London – up to GBP26,000 plus benefits
An exciting opportunity has come up for an accounts assistant in a leading PR company based in Central London. The position will report directly into the Finance Manager and will be responsible for a lot of the revenue accounting along with some accounts payable and other ad hoc duties.
· Invoicing/Job management – Full responsibility for your clients revenue (approx. 40 invoices per month), WIP (costs) and Intercompany billing.
· Ensure all instructions are received and invoices are finalised according to month end timetable.
· Business partnering – Monthly meetings with the client leads and project managers to review their project financials.
· Financial controls – Understand and monitor the balances of Accrued & Deferred Revenue and WIP. Proactively reduce these balances and escalate issues to the Financial Controller.
· Revenue Recognition – finalise revenue for the month, ensure all documentation in place and adheres to revenue recognition and accounting policies.
· Reviewing expense claims and ensuring they meet company guidelines.
· Creating Jobs on the company system,
· Raising POs when required.
· Sending Intercompany Statements and reviewing any discrepancies
· Assist in general AP month end closing and ad hoc duties
· Managing the time recognition process for accurate reporting
· Setting up and reviewing Employee SAP Access
· Inputting weekly Studio Timesheets onto SAP and chasing missing time.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
· Actively looking to start or have started the ACCA/CIMA/AAT qualifications
6 – 12 months experience in a finance position (AP/AR clerk/Finance Assistant etc.)
· Ability to work independently
· Pro-actively identifies issues and seeks to resolve them
· Meets deadlines by managing time and priorities
· Successfully handles many tasks simultaneously
· Youll need to be enthusiastic and a team player
· Strong attention to detail, taking responsibility for details, accuracy and consistency