A long standing FTSE 250 listed wealth manager is hiring a new addition to the team in the position of financial control associate. This is a great and exciting opportunity for someone with up to a year in a controls, Audit or Risk role to continue their experience in a collaborative and supportive environment.
The Financial Control Associates primary purpose is to support the Financial Control Team in establishing and maintaining a comprehensive set of systems, rules and processes across the entire finance function. In addition, they will ensure that day-to-day activities are optimised through on-going improvement initiatives.
· Ensuring the finance owned policies and procedures are being adhered to and remain fit for purpose
· Assisting the development and enhancement of financial controls in the wider business
· Provide assurance over key monthly calculations and month end processes
· Provide assurance over statutory accounts and regulatory reports
· Supporting the balance sheet attestation process
· Provide support in the setting and monitoring of adherence to the Groups Treasury and Procurement policies
· Other ad hoc activities as considered appropriate
· Degree educated (2:1 or above)
· Between ideally about 12 months experience within a finance or risk/controls team or a fresh graduate with a long and relative placement/internship.
· Currently working towards or planning to work towards an accounting qualification (ACCA)
· Effective and confident communicator, both written and verbal
· Strong attention to detail
· Effective time management
· Proactive/intuitive attitude