Finance Assistant, West London – Up to GBP28,000, Sports Media
A newly created position is now available at a leading and fast-growing sports media business in London. This vacancy would be perfect for a junior accountant with 1 years experience looking to widen their experience and work in a vibrant environment. The role will cover all aspects of transactional finance, with a focus on AR, business partnering and stakeholder management. Study support will be available once candidates are well settled into the business to complete their ACCA/CIMA qualification.
AR billing- ensure all sales invoices are raised and work with the agencys sales agent to streamline this process.
Maintaining financial element of CRM database of client contracts
Liaising with outsourced credit control function
Payment reconciliation and administration – matching info to payments and preparing payment runs.
Monthly cash reconciliations of bank accounts.
Managing the payroll, pensions, and statutory payroll liabilities to ensure all are paid in a timely manner.
Assisting the Senior Financial Accountant with month end close procedures, preparation of reporting data, investigation of variances, balance sheet recs.
Monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
Ad hoc financial analysis to support business decisions
Key Skills & Qualifications:
· At least 1-year experience in a similar role
· Ambitious junior looking to complete in their accountancy qualification
· Strong communication skills – can build relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
· An interest in sport would be preferred
· The experience and ability to work within a team.
· A clear understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
· Service oriented- understands the purpose of their work and ensures it is carried out at a high standard.