A world-leading commodities trader is looking to recruit a Trade Accountant / Manager to support one of their largest divisions, based in Central London. They operate globally and have significant strategic growth ambitions for the future.
The primary responsibility is to control and report high quality, timely and value add financial information relating to commercial activity to multiple stakeholders. The primary aim of the role is to manage the Trade Accounting reporting for sugar traded in a variety of global trading locations.
· Daily validation and explanation of Trading gross margin
· Review and explanation of change in value of the futures portfolio
· Ensuring complete and accurate financial information is produced for each trading book including Profit and Loss and Balance sheet related accounts.
· Understanding and explaining changes in working capital use
· Ensuring all trades are valued in line with the Group Accounting Policy
· Ensuring valuations are in line with market information
· Ensuring clear and concise explanation for key P&L moves in given periods
· Ensuring clear control and reporting of each trade from source system to financial reporting system.
· Ensuring a robust control environment, in line with the company Minimum Control Standards.
· Actively partake in projects to bring improvement to the Sugar reporting
· Be a Business Partner in support of commercial activity
· Review and validate daily margin calls with the exchange
· Supervising junior staff members to help achieve team objectives
· Ideally a fully qualified Chartered Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent) with solid demonstrable experience of both trade and financial accounting.
· Solid experience gained within a bank or big four or commodity environment.
· Experience of working within physical commodities trading would be desirable.
· Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports and projections.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· The role requires a well organised and efficient individual who can manage competing deadlines with strict time constraints.
· Flexible, proactive and willing to take on additional tasks as the departments workload requires.
· Ability to challenge the status quo and seek continuous improvement to reporting and control processes.
For immediate consideration or to find out more information about this role, please contact Chris MacDonald at Trace Recruitment.