Were recruiting for one of the worlds largest Trading and Commodities Brokers – a real opportunity to join a great business, with a great culture.
Working on the trading floor, you will manage a team of two qualified Accountants and youll be responsible for all product / trade accounting, daily reporting, P&L, MI and flash reporting for a busy, Global trading team.
We need someone who enjoys Business Partnering and being close to your stakeholders, which means we need someone with good communication skills and ability to manage relationships and prioritise tasks.
A great role for an experience product Controller, Trade Accountant or Financial Controller who enjoys the pace of a trading environment.
· Lead a diverse team of two Accountants/Business Partners and provide coaching and guidance to team members
· Business Partner the trading team to provide robust financial information on the global trading positions
· Provide daily P&L reports for global locations
· Provide accurate MI to support the management of cash positions and P&L reporting
· Daily validation and explanation of Trading gross margin and exchange margin calls
· Ensuring complete and accurate financial information in line with Group Accounting Policy
· Thorough understanding of working capital
· Ensuring valuations are in line with market information and IFRS
· Ensuring clear control and reporting of each trade from source system to financial reporting system
· Manage annual internal and external audit requirements for the Trade Accounting function
· Project Responsibilities will include a) Automation of P&L attribution processes b) Balance sheet analysis improvement c) Identification and reporting of key business drivers
· Fully qualified accountant with a minimum of 7 years experience in a Banking, Trading or product Control environment (ACCA/ACA/CIMA, CPA)
· Candidate from the Big 4, with appropriate industry experience would also be ideal
· Experience of working within physical commodities trading is an advantage
· Experience of managing and developing a team
· Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports and projections
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Flexible, proactive and willing to take on additional tasks
· Ability to challenge the status quo and seek continuous improvement
If youre looking for a change and an opportunity to join a global business that has a genuinely supportive culture and a track-record of career mobility, please apply.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone in a genuinely world-leading business.