Finance Analyst, Retail, South West London, GBP50k
A successful global retailer are looking for an ambitious, high potential candidate to join their team as a Finance Analyst. Reporting directly into the Head of Finance, your main focus will be on revenue, COGS, volumes, pricing, product mix, advertising & promotion, marketing ROI and you will have full ownership of the P&L with responsibiity for producing the management accounts!
· Responsible for the monthly management accounting for the region and providing support for the region and Finance Team – A&P, Customer Discount, Overhead, and others, accruals, provisions and releases as required. Liaise with markets, distributors, commercial owners and in-market accountants as required, to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information flows.
· Support the planning, co-ordination and delivery of the processes as detailed within the Finance Calendar to ensure the integrity of the data and report one version of the truth while adhering to timescales.
· Be a Business Partner to the Commercial Regional team, specifically for the region. Instigate monthly business area reviews with the teams. Use functional expertise to challenge the numbers, generate insights, and consolidate Risks & Ops to Budget / LE.
· Responsible for ensuring the integrity of data in Hyperion, IFS & Qlikview, and the data integrity of all outputs of the team. Includes all base data in Hyperion, IFS & Qlikview, SKU costs being charged to markets, Transfer Prices, all data in reports produced by the wider team. Ensure systems and process excellence is delivered every time.
· Provide finance support, ad hoc analysis and meet project requirements to the regional team as required, with a focus on supporting delivery of the Leadership Agenda.
· Review finance and business processes on an ongoing basis. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement, and propose / implement these with input / authorisation from the Head of Finance and Head of FP&R as appropriate.
· Support the Head of Finance and deputise periodically as required. Lead and support development of Finance Executive.
· Responsible for specific additional areas such as analysis and monitoring of regional overheads including T&E spend, International Agreements, APCDMI spend and Month End Commentaries.
· Qualified to degree level with finance professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
· Relevant work experience in a commercial environment
· Working knowledge of Financial Systems: experience of ERP and PC applications in order to deliver effective management reporting and analysis
· Advanced Excel and modelling skills
· Strong financial control and compliance ethic
· Keen eye for detail, data accuracy and integrity
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organisation
· Ability to effectively organise and plan ahead, ensuring the wider team is aligned to processes and timelines
· Motivated, proactive self-starter who can work on their own initiative
· Confident in ability to challenge and be challenged on financial and management reporting, and data integrity
Trace is an innovative recruitment consultancy. Our person organisation fit profiling tool, the Predictive Fit Profiler, is helping us fit our candidates with our clients from a personality, behaviours, motivations and cultural compatibility perspective.