Financial Accountant, Retail, High Wycombe, GBP60k + Bonus
A key client of ours are looking for a Financial Accountant to join their vibrant, fast growing business! Reporting directly into the Head of Finance and working alongside the Finance Manager, you will play a central role in the finance function. Responsible for the day-to-day financial accounting, implementation of robust financial controls/ processes you will play a key part in the finance function. You will also get involved with the commercial projects and have the opportunity to see other parts of the finance function to round off your experience.
This is a great stepping stone role for a newly qualified Accountant looking for their first move out of practise or an industry trained candidate looking for a high level opportunity.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
· Preparation of statutory accounts at both company and Group level, including consolidations
· Leading on all technical accounting matters and ensuring ongoing compliance with IFRS 102
· Helping to ensure that the internal systems and controls in place are appropriate for the scale and complexity of the business, driving improvement where necessary
· Overseeing the audit process with external auditors
· Taking responsibility for quarterly group reporting Responsible for all tax compliance within the business, liaising with Group accounting team to ensure all deadlines are met.
· Accurately account for FX contracts under both hedge and non-hedge accounting, determining the correct approach based on the contract type
· Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations monthly, ensuring that working papers are completed to a high standard
· Leading on new projects within the finance team to automate processes
· Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
· ACCA/ACA qualified with proven experience (around 2 years pqe)
· Managed preparation of consolidated statutory accounts under IFRS102
· Strong excel skills
· Great at manipulating data
· Strong commercial acumen
Competitive starting salary and great career prospects in a fast paced and growing business
25 days holiday plus bank holidays & birthday off
Company-funded private health insurance and access to Smart Health
Discretionary bonus scheme
50% staff discount
Interest-free Season ticket loan
Summer hours- 3pm finishes every Friday throughout June, July & August
A welcoming and inspiring work-environment – take advantage of Yoga classes, social activities, an early finish on pay day and more
Trace is an innovative consultancy and we are serious about finding you the right role. Our Predictive Fit Profiler is an in-house profiling tool which provides candidates and clients with a method for assessing personal fit within a company – through measuring personality, thinking style, cultural compatibility and motivations.