After an internal promotion within this specialist Tax team, were looking to recruit a recently qualified Tax Accountant to join this listed banking group. The purpose of the role is to manage statutory tax compliance deadlines and obligations of the central banking division. The Tax Accountant will take ownership for the management of tax projects and deliverables. They will also take responsibility for advising the business and other finance teams on Tax matters.
· Provide a significant contribution to the compilation and completion of the Corporation Tax returns of the Banking Division
· Calculate the required tax effects of deals at key Tax and Financial Reporting period deadlines
· Work with advisors for calculations to research and obtain research and development tax credits
· Oversee compilation of PSA returns
· Assist other finance teams with VAT and bad-debt relief calculations
· Ensure that adequate controls are in place and that all Governance and Compliance
· Professional qualification in Accounting or Tax (ACA, ACCA, ATT or CTA)
· Degree education with strong academic record
· Advanced excel skills
· Experience in a tax function, either in practice or the financial services sector
· Good commercial awareness
· Strong communication skills
If you had the relevant experience and skills for the positon and have a keen desire to work in tax then this could be the role for you. The company offers fantastic progression opportunities and competitive remuneration package. Please apply or contact Jon at trace.