I am working with one of the top Private Banks in Mayfair looking for a Financial Controller to join their team. Its a very senior Financial Controller position, reporting directly into the CFO and stepping up and acting as a mini-FD at times; there is no one in that position and no plans to fill it.
Essentially the number -two in Finance for this high-performing Wealth Manager/Bank seeking to hire someone who is a natural leader, who strives for excellence in everything they do and who ultimately will be excited by driving change throughout the Finance function. Energy, positivity and the ability to see the business beyond the numbers is an essential part of this role.
The bank is going through a massive finance transformation and they you will need to be able to work with ambiguity and lead a team to implement change.
· Managing a team of 5 Accountants will support you in the delivery
· Responsibility for the businesses financial reporting, controls and management reporting
· Manage the monthly, quarterly & annual statutory accounts
· Responsible for ad-hoc business case analysis, partnering and support to the Board
· Oversee VAT, GL and basic regulatory compliance
· Drive improvements to the efficiency and quality of the financial reporting processes
· Support the tax team in delivering all required tax reporting
· Be the key point of contact between the business and external Audit and reporting
· Help to develop a best-in-practice way of MI reporting to best support the strategic development of the business
· Play a key role in driving change throughout the finance function and its commercial interaction with senior leaders
· ACA/ACCA/CIMA Fully Qualified Accountant
· Minimum of 6 years post qualified experience with a Bank
· Proven experience as a manager / leader
· Strong experience in financial reporting and controls
· Good exposure to forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning
· Must know how to manage and complete a project
· Have the ability to motivate and empower others at all levels
With over 7 years of recruitment experience in the City at this level, this is genuinely one of the most exciting, refreshing and broad Financial Controller briefs I have seen.
Reporting to a genuinely inspirational FD/CFO, this is an amazing opportunity for someone with a broad set of finance skills and a passion for what they do.
Salaries range from GBP100,000 – GBP120,000 + bonus, benefits etc.
Please contact Harry Coleman at Trace Recruitment for immediate consideration or to ask me any questions.