Part or fully qualified
2-3 months Temporary position
GBP200-GBP250 per day
for a listed business with a global network of offices, the UK finance team requires an experienced Assistant Accountant to join them for 2-3 months.
The team is very collaborative and will be keen for you to settle in quickly and help during a very busy period. You will be trusted to work autonomously to ensure the deliverables are completed. There will be initial training and a handover, as well as a very approachable team if you have questions.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, this Assistant Accountant role will be working within a fast paced financial services environment. The duties will include:
Cash management, financing and treasury:
– receipt of distributions from investments
– assisting with cash analysis
– ensure payment runs are approved and processed
– Updating of cash flow forecasts
– Manage drawdowns and repayments
– Preparation of weekly cash plans
– Assisting with the establishment of bank accounts
Assisting with the preparation of financial reporting:
– Preparation of cash books and accounting journals
– Quarterly interest accruals
– Interaction with external auditors
– Preparation of holding company accounts under FRS 102
– Liaising with finance managers and where appropriate third-party service providers
– Maintain loan
– Providing support for the preparation of quarterly reporting packs for the Board of Directors
– Working with the Fund Manager, Portfolio Director to identify efficiencies, process improvements and provide information requests to the business
Skills & Experience
Ideally be immediately available.
Experienced as an Assistant Accountant.
Will have strong communication skills both written and verbally.
Will be willing to work in an hybrid environment: 3 days a week in the office, 2 days a week at home.