Were on the lookout for technically strong Accountants to join the group reporting function of this FTSE listed bank. Reporting to the Head of External Reporting & Accounting Policy, you will support the Technical Accounting Manager on group wide technical accounting advice and the implementation of all accounting change. Youll also assist the wider team in the delivery of interim and half year reports and audit processes and take ownership of the quarterly FINREP reporting.
This role will ideally suit someone with an audit background, either taking their first step into industry after a couple of years post-qualified experience or who is looking for their second move since leaving practice.
· Liaise with divisional finance teams, providing advisory support and responding to technical questions and queries.
· Assist with the delivery of half year, and year end annual reports.
· Take ownership of quarterly FINREP reporting process, feeding changes from the PRA down to other finance teams
· Perform reviews and challenge current Reporting and Finrep processes
· Assist the implementation of new accounting policies and update the Groups Accounting Manual.
· Assist with Ad-Hoc technical training on Accounting and FINREP
· Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA) with minimum 2-3 years post-qualified experience.
· Degree educated with strong academic background
· Relevant experience of Technical Accounting (under IFRS), Financial Reporting and audit.
· Strong track record of delivering high quality work under tight deadlines
· Ability to work well with a team, building and maintaining relationships with immediate team members, and the teams youd be supporting.
If youre a qualified Accountant with a strong technical skill set, this is a great role with broad exposure, offering career progression in a challenging but supportive environment. Get in touch today!