We need a technical Accountant with strong experience with IFRS9 to join a FTSE 250 listed banking group to cover a maternity leave. The role will broadly cover the management of technical accounting development and implementation of changes across the group. They will also help the head of the department with the half year and annual reports, FINREP and presentations to the Audit committee.
This is a fixed term contract, we expect it to be for 13 months to allow for a solid handover at either end. We require this person to be available quickly, so anything up to a one month notice period would work.
· Provide advisory support and liaise closely with all divisional Finance teams, responding to technical accounting and FINREP queries in a prompt manner relating to accounting technical issues across the Group.
· Assist with the delivery of the half year and annual reports.
· Manage and assist in performing deep dives into technical accounting and FINREP reviews
· Challenge/review technical accounting and FINREP papers from divisional Finance teams
· Assist with the preparation of new accounting policies and policy updates for the Group Accounting Manual
· Manage the implementation of accounting and FINREP change initiatives including preparation of accounting policy documentation
· Review latest industry technical accounting and FINREP guidance and prepare summaries for key stake-holders to achieve high quality and timely implementation of requirements.
· Deliver ad-hoc technical training of key accounting and FINREP areas.
· Provide input into the creation of financial reporting disclosures to meet accounting standard requirements and industry expectations.
· Manage the preparation of results of accounting change assessments for Audit, Bank, Risk and Steering committees.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Qualified Accountant with 3-5 years post-qualified experience. (ACA, ACCA)
· Degree educated, 2:1 or higher
· Relevant experience of financial reporting, auditing, and technical accounting in IFRS (particularly IFRS 9)
· Proven track record of delivering effective reporting under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Worked effectively within a large, multi-site and complex business.
· Strong interpersonal skills
If youre a technically strong Accountant who is immediately available and open to contract work, please get in touch. This one will move quickly.