Assistant Management Accountant, The Arts – Central London, up to GBP30,000 per annum
An established and renowned arts organisation in Central London are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Management Accountant to join their Production Accounting team. Candidates should have some experience in a finance team and be studying toward their accounting qualification. This opportunity is perfect for someone with a keen interest in the Arts and right at the beginning of their accounting career.
· To work with the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to monitor, analyse, and report on actuals, budgets and forecasts.
· To support daily, weekly and monthly reporting activities and ensure that information is presented in a meaningful, transparent, and timely manner. Relevant activities can range from preparing weekly income reports, recharging costs, liaising with our central accounts team, reviewing activity in the purchasing system and maintaining the departments non-financial data.
· To assist operations teams in monitoring income and expenditure to ensure budgets are met or targets achieved. A key process of this is ensuring variances to forecast or budget are thoroughly investigated in a timely manner.
· To be involved, as appropriate, in operations team and Finance Department special projects, annual budget setting, monthly forecasting, finance systems and process improvements, modelling work, and any other general requirements.
· To be responsible for the month and year end processes for departmental budgets, including the posting of accurate accruals, prepayments and deferred income; and to reconcile and provide commentary on any variances to budget and forecast.
· To assist the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager in year-end statutory accounts reporting.
· To assist in the calculation of relevant Theatre/Film tax credits
· To assist the financial accountants with relevant balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring postings are clear and understood by all, and balances substantiated.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
· Part-Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA looking to complete their qualification
· Minimum of 1-year experience as a Finance Assistant/Accounts Assistant
· Keen interest in the Arts and Theatre
· Strong communication and teamwork skills
· Experience in Not for Profit/Arts preferred but not required