Financial Controller, Central London, 12 Month FTC, Media
*Media/Marketing Services experience essential
We are recruiting for a key client of hours within one of the largest global Media networks. They are looking for an interim FC on a 12 month contract.
· Develop, improve, streamline & actively deliver value adding management information and insights to the business to enable achievement of revenue and profit targets
· Collaborate with individuals/teams within the Agency & Finance functions to identify, evaluate & optimise business, commercial & financial opportunities; mitigate against risks; develop solutions & recommendations and support delivery
· Identify opportunities for profit & process improvement and collaboratively drive successful implementation
· Lead the budgeting and reforecasting of the brands revenues & costs by working closely with the Agency teams. Prepare detailed analysis of the latest budget/reforecast for the CFOs review.
· Review, refine and finalise monthly/quarterly reporting prepared by the Operational Finance Outsourced Partner contributing value adding insights based on understanding of agency activities.
· Manage the finance team in London and Manchester
· Understand the balance sheet and ensure that reconciliations are kept up to date and required actions carried out in a timely manner
· Work with partner to ensure that BPC submissions to group are accurate and on time.
· Be the main point of contact for partner.
· Ad hoc analysis on client profitability / utilisation
· Pulling together data ahead of reforecasts (P&L and balance sheet)
· Sitting with account management teams to ensure accurate forecasting and to understand movements from forecasts
· Monthly review of the P&L with the exec team
· Review of all work performed by partner
· Review of controls in place over the balance sheet and ensuring all accounts are reconciled.
· Assisting the CFO in ensuring business compliance
· Key liaison person between the business, the R2R team at partner and the business operations team at partner
· Ad hoc queries from the CFO and MD
Month end Tasks:
· Review of all work prepared by partner & agency finance teams (salary journals, BPC reporting, accruals, extended TB adjustments, billings and income workings, cost reporting, unbilled media adjustments).
· Ownership of accrued and deferred income
· Intercompany resolution
· Balance sheet review and escalation if required
· Travel and expenses reconciliation to ensure all billable costs get charged on
· Costs review and cost accrual/prepayment decisions
· Completion of the monthly bridging file (comparatives to the latest forecast)
· Review of the billings and income database
· Quarterly VAT returns
· Review of the quarterly packs
· Review of ASBOF/BASBOF returns
· Review of ONS reporting
· Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
· 3 + years PQE
· Media/Marketing Experience
· Experience in leading Finance Function