Senior Management Accountant, Central London – Arts, up to GBP45,000
An exciting management accountant opportunity has become available in a large arts organisation based in West London. The role will be responsible for management and some financial accounting for the group along with lots of budgeting and forecasting.
· Ensure monthly reconciliations of control and balance sheet accounts are being carried out on timely and accurate basis
· Close off S/L, P/L and N/L following monthly reconciliation
· Prepare VAT returns and submit to HMRC
· Prepare year-end tax returns
· Prepare financial year end Group Consolidation
· Assist with the preparation of the Group Statutory Annual Report and Financial Statements
· Prepare annual statutory accounts
· Close year end following final accounts preparation
· Prepare monthly management accounts for budget holders, including reviewing figures and making necessary adjustments such as accruals, deferrals and reconciliations.
· Provide variance analysis from budget, actual and prior year identifying added-value reporting opportunities for trend analysis and commentary.
· Introduce forecasting alongside management reporting; work with budget holders to focus on future outturn.
· Prepare the overall quarterly Management Accounts for Finance sub-Committee, Enterprises Board of Directors and the Board of Trustees. Provide analysis and commentary for relevant business areas.
· Review and develop the periodic management reports of the international offices; identifying added-value reporting opportunities for trend analysis and commentary to assist forecasting and budgeting requirements.
· Co-ordinate, receive and review annual UK budgets from budget holders
· Co-ordinate, receive and review annual international budgets from international office budget holders excluding those in the UK Group.
· Prepare the consolidated Budget and presentation for whole group.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
· Newly Qualified ACCA/CIMA accountant
· Experience in Management Accounts, ideally within a Not for Profit organisation
· Experience with a CRM system would be desirable
· Ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders effectively
· Organised, approachable and a team player
Trace is an innovative recruitment consultancy. Our person organisation fit profiling tool, the Predictive Fit Profiler, is helping us fit our candidates with our clients from a personality, behaviours, motivations and cultural compatibility perspective.