International Finance Officer, Central London – Charity, up to GBP28,000
A new finance opportunity is now available in a large international relief charity, in offices based in Central London. The role will report into a Programme Accountant as part of a large finance team and will be responsible for planning, budgeting and forecasting, and some financial reporting.
· To be the finance contact for supported teams through the internal planning, budgeting and forecasting processes for the respective Global Teams
· To analyse, interpret and report on the teams consolidated budget to the Heads of Department
· To ensure that the planning and budget process is completed within the agreed organisational time table and in accordance with procedures
· To ensure that supported managers are able to contribute effectively to the process, understand their responsibilities and targets and have a good understanding of the financial performance of their team, contracts and projects
· To challenge assumptions presented by the respective budget holders for monthly updates and formal forecasting exercises
· To produce International Directorate specific finance reports as agreed with the International Programme Accountant for the region and respective Global Teams
· To hold monthly financial review meetings with the respective budget holders for the Global Teams managed by the International Finance Team.
· To be accountable for ensuring that the respective serviced teams meet all Corporate Finance requirements
· To provide managers with meaningful, relevant and accessible advice and guidance on financial issues
· To ensure managers within the respective serviced teams have a clear understanding of the financial framework and the delegations within the International Directorate
Key Skills & Qualifications:
· Part qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
· Highly computer literate with advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and computerised accounts systems*
· Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (sound double-entry book-keeping)
· Strong analytical and reporting skills
· Experience in carrying out balance sheet reconciliations
· Experience of foreign currency monitoring and accounting
· Not for Profit experience would be desirable
Trace is an innovative recruitment consultancy. Our person organisation fit profiling tool, the Predictive Fit Profiler, is helping us fit our candidates with our clients from a personality, behaviours, motivations and cultural compatibility perspective.