International Finance Manager, Central London – Charity, up to GBP49,000
An exciting new finance opportunity is now available in a large international relief charity, in offices based in Central London. The role will report into the Head of Finance as part of a large finance team and will be responsible for leading the team on financial accounting, reporting, policy development along with budgeting and forecasting and month-end processes. The role also has 2 direct reports.
· To lead the International Directorate through the internal planning, budgeting and forecasting processes working closely with the Performance and Accountability Department to manage timelines, submission requirements, guidelines and planning assumptions.
· To be accountable for analysing, interpreting and reporting on the International Directorate’s consolidated budgets and forecasts, assessing the implications and recommending possible courses of action to the Head of International Finance
· To ensure alternative approaches and solutions to achieving budget targets are analysed, where appropriate, and effectively assessed with responsible managers
· To identify risks that may impact on the budget outcome and escalate to key stakeholders
· To develop and manage the International Directorates financial reporting processes, including producing the monthly financial reports in line with corporate requirements
· To provide meaningful analysis and insight on financial performance and contributing to the societys approach to innovation and insight
· To provide managers with meaningful, relevant and accessible advice and guidance on financial issues
Key Skills & Qualifications:
· Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) (preferably with 2-3 years PQE)
· Experience in the Not for Profit sector and knowledge of donor reporting
· Strong audit and internal controls knowledge with the ability to highlight weaknesses and make appropriate recommendations
· Experience of working with partners
· Experience of developing financial systems to support international operations
· Experience of managing and developing financial planning and forecasting processes
· Experience of supporting the financial elements of institutional donor programmes and donor reporting
· Experience of risk management, ideally gained in an international emergency or development programme
Trace is an innovative recruitment consultancy. Our person organisation fit profiling tool, the Predictive Fit Profiler, is helping us fit our candidates with our clients from a personality, behaviours, motivations and cultural compatibility perspective.