THIS IS A NEWLY CREATED ROLE and a genuine opportunity to join a leading Private Bank to help them improve the MI and FP & A funtion, as the CFO improves finance delivery accross the business.
Reporting to the FC you will play a key role in building a best in class commercial Finance function that is aimed at supporting the future growth and decision making of the Bank. You will develop and improve new systems, controls and ways of working as well as building strong relationships with all teams across the business.
The BAU is a classic FP & A role – with a lot excitement along the way!!
Duties and responsibilities:
· Monthly management reporting (includes Financial Performance Review Pack, ALCO Pack, CFO Reports)
Manage one Qualified Finance Analyst
· Support the FC in developing and delivering best in class month end management accounts
· Deliver monthly rolling forecast and sensitivity analysis
· Reporting for monthly bank governance including Financial Performance Review
· Risk appetite metrics reporting and analysis
· Capital and liquidity reporting, forecasting and analysis.
· Support the automation remit of the team, working with relevant stakeholders to materially deliver the banks FP&A
· Commercial business partnering and ad hoc analysis to enable optimal business decision making
· Lots of ad-hoc decision support analysis and Business Partnering to senior stakeholders in the business
· Qualified accountant with 3+ years experience in banking Finance
· Solid experience of FP&A / Business Intelligence in a bank or FS organisation
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong financial modelling skills
· Strong business partnering skills, with the ability to articulate the drivers of financial performance to business stakeholders (tell the story)
· Ability to work with stakeholders to optimise performance / harness opportunities / mitigate risks.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Cultural fit is key, and requires someone who is energetic, commercially oriented, driven, takes personal ownership and possesses A flexible, can-do mind set, with the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.