NEWLY created position for an experienced Finance Controller or Head of Reporting who enjoys the challenge of making things better and knows what good looks like!
Reporting in to the Group Financial Controller of this FTSE-listed business, youll take leadership responsibility for a direct team three senior Managers. This is a hybrid role, spanning Financial Reporting Control and Systems/Process improvement.
· Responsible for monthly consolidation, month end close, ad-hoc analysis and interim and year-end reporting submissions to Group
· Ownership of financial statements ensuring compliance with external accounting standards and internal accounting manual
· Oversight and challenge of divisional submissions to ensure robust and accurate reporting
· Maintain auditor relationship
· Delivery of FINREP regulatory returns to the PRA and internal FINREP submission to Group
· Work closely with the Head of External Reporting and Accounting Policy to ensure a robust and high-quality financial control framework covering policies, standards and procedures
· Act as a Business Partner to Divisional FDs and the Group FC
· Supervise delivery of day-to-day SAP system finance requirements, and management of necessary upgrades
· Deliver process improvements to current systems / reporting methods
· Recruit, coach, train and employ high calibre employees within budget, headcount levels and temporary resource requirements
· At least 7 years Post-Qualified experience in a listed environment
· Must have strong experience within the Financial Services sector
· IFRS experience is essential
· A strong leader with a genuine interest in developing a cohesive team
· Consolidations experience would be useful, but not essential
Wed term this business as an SME, but are by no-means insignificant. A great chance to step away from the major corporates and in to an established business, which is small enough for a role like this to make a real impact.