The role has the overall responsibility for the finances of a portfolio of large scale infrastructure projects. The successful individual will ensure effective day-to-day financial operation, management reporting and annual statutory reporting while maintaining relationships with key stakeholders surrounding the project.
The role is the perfect opportunity for an individual who wants a wide remit that also has scope beyond its basic responsibilities. The successful applicant will work alongside a team of project finance Accountants and managers reporting into the senior financial controller.
· Responsible for a portfolio of infrastructure project companies
· Management of the day-to-day financial performance of project entities, ensuring efficient operation and control
· Contractual cash-flow and operational obligations.
· Establishing and maintaining relationships with key project stakeholders including investors, shareholders, local government bodies, external lenders and asset managers.
· Ownership for production and presentation of financial results to the Board on a quarterly basis
· Ownership for production and updates to the project models and forecasts and managing the relationship with senior lenders for certain projects.
· Efficient and accurate delivery of project reporting requirements including internal quarterly management reporting, annual statutory reporting (including UKGAAP and IFRS).
· Ensuring project entities remain up to date and compliant with relevant legislation including latest accounting standards, Taxation, VAT, Hedge accounting, etc.
· Consolidation of company clusters, including the conversion of accounting policies and balances to IFRS equivalents for group reporting.
· Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
· Experience of IFRS and FRS102 Accounting Standards
· Understanding of tax structures and the ability to assess the impact of changes in tax legislation.
· Strong time management skills and ability to deal with several activity streams simultaneously.
· Ability to work confidently and closely with both senior level staff and non-finance personnel.
· Strong numeracy, analytical and project valuation skills.
· An enthusiasm to add value to the role as well as develop further skills and experience within the company.