This is with a listed banking group, with its operations based mostly in the UK. Theyre leading in their field and continue to grow through innovation and strong partnerships.
This role is part of the property team. Its purpose is to support the Finance Director in providing financial information and analysis on the overall financial direction of the propertybusiness over both the short and long term. Key functions include monthly board reporting, budget/forecasts and strategy presentations to provide insightful and value adding analysis on business performance to support key decision making
· Preparation of the Business Unit’s forecasts and budgets
· summarising financial results and sensitivity analysis on the overall financial trajectory of the business unit.
· Preparation of ad hoc analysis to support effective decision making by Management. Highlighting trends, drivers, risks and opportunities to enable better understanding of banks financial performance
· Support the annual ICAAP stress testing process including facilitating Bank working groups, challenging submitted results and preparation of presentations
· Assist with building the central budget / forecast model
· Develop and build a balance sheet forecast model to improve capital management
· Report on the financial performance of strategic investments and initiatives
Experience & Qualifications:
· Qualified or new qualified professional accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
· Applicants can have qualified in Industry or practice, but must have 1-2 years experience in industry.
· Strong academic background – Degree educated (with 2:1 or higher from a top university)
· Strong analytical skills with proven experience at identifying trends in large data sets
· Inquisitive mind with the confidence to challenge the status quo
· Strong interpersonal skills – able to build and maintain relationships with all functions across the business