Purchase Ledger Clerk
This role sits within the Finance Managers team of 4, reporting into the Management Accountant and within a total team of 14 in finance. This PL clerk role will have full responsibility of the purchase ledger function, along with some sales ledger responsibility.
· Ensuring that purchase invoices are approved by the relevant budget holder.
· Processing approved supplier invoices, credit notes, expense claims and credit cards on Sun Accounts software.
· Administering all company credit cards e.g. spending limit, cancellations etc. and reconciling on a monthly basis.
· Set up supplier payments and prepare the relevant reports for review.
· Preparing accruals for purchase invoices at month end.
· Performing monthly reconciliations of trade creditors.
· Liaising with Travel Coordinators and PAs regarding travel itineraries to ensure travel expenses are coded accurately to Clients.
· Assisting in the provision of information during the year-end audit.
· Assisting in covering absence for other members of the finance team.
· Answering the telephone and general admin tasks to ensure a smooth-running finance office.
· Working with Finance Administrator to meet deadlines at month end.
· Other various duties for the Finance Manager as required.
· Minimum one year purchase ledger experience
· Good understanding of double entry.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
· Good knowledge of UK and Foreign VAT rules
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail essential
· Clear and concise written and oral communication skills
· Experience working with Sun Accounts would be an advantage
· Analytical and able to self-review their work prior to manager review
· Ability to organise their own workload and prioritise.