PQ Accountant, Central London – Not for Profit, up to GBP35,000
A leading membership body in the UK are looking to hire a part qualified accountant into their busy team. The position is ideal for an accountant with experience in transactional finance and who has had a hand in the month end process, including prepayments, accruals etc. The organisation is happy to support study for the ACCA/CIMA qualification and you will be learning from an experienced and qualified team.
· Monthly management accounts – prepayments, accruals, reconciliation work, FX, bookkeeping duties, general journal postings, lease accounting.
· Subsidiary reporting – overseas company, payments, reconciliations.
· Monthly bank reconciliations, petty cash.
· Accounting duties such as purchase invoices, purchase payments, sales invoices.
· Online banking system – setting up new suppliers and input payments as required Oversight of payment runs in multi-currencies.
· Credit control duties – producing and analysing aged debtors reports and chasing outstanding payments.
· Budget Reporting – annual budget, variance reporting to budget holders.
· Regulatory reporting – UK and overseas VAT, US tax, government submissions.
· Other ad hoc tasks and activities within the finance team.
· Provide back-up / support for assistant accountant.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
· Part Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA) with at least 3 years experience in an accounting role
· Sound understanding of double entry bookkeeping and basic knowledge of prepayments and accruals.
· Strong MS Office skills, must be proficient in Excel.
· Experience of processing multi-currency transactions is preferred, but not essential.
· Ability to work within a dynamic and experienced team.
· Highly organised and focussed, able to multi-task and manage workload to ensure that priorities are met.
· High level of attention to detail; ability to produce reliable, accurate work.
· A motivated and customer-focussed team-player, who can work effectively with staff at all levels.
· Eagerness to learn and willingness to listen to others; ability to follow instructions and respond positively to constructive feedback.
· Strong analytical and numerical skills; ability to gather facts/statistics and identify trends/ patterns.
· Excellent spoken and written communication skills.