Programme Finance Officer, Central London – Charity, up to GBP40,000 plus benefits
After a busy period, a new programme finance officer role has become available in a charity based in Central London. The selected candidate will report directly to the programme finance manager and assist in financial planning, grant management and reporting. This position is perfectly suited to an ACA qualified auditor, looking to make their first step into programme finance or PQ Finalists who have exposure to grant management and international finance.
· Support the design and implementation of effective quality controls to ensure compliance with donor requirements and to maintain appropriate donor stewardship, including through manuals, checklists, templates, and other tools
· Monitor spending and activity implementation and ensure regular scheduling of grants management meetings, alerting the Programme Finance Manager and Programmes/Partnerships team about significant under or overspend on a timely basis
· Maintain internal tools that track active grants, cost recoveries and cash balances and ensure they are kept up-to-date
· Maintain internal tools tracking pipeline and secured funding
· Prepare financial information for internal reporting purposes, including (but not limited to) the quarterly CEO report, monthly dashboard and quarterly cash balances report.
· Maintain the grants management tracker so that grants are properly recorded and monitored, ensuring that input from the Programmes/Partnerships team and the Programme Finance Manager are incorporated on a timely basis
· Undertake administrative tasks related to grants, including setting up of grant codes (pipeline and secured), collecting and forwarding information to different units and executing follow up tasks as required
· Review budgets for concepts/proposals
· Carry out monitoring visits and audits on specific projects as necessary
· Develop and deliver relevant training and reference material on grants management, including procurement, donor regulations, IATI, finance and reporting for Programme, Finance, and other field-based staff; act as a resource for agencies/field units on donor regulations and compliance
· In collaboration with field units, prepare due diligence assessments for potential new partners or donors and ensure these are refreshed periodically
· Troubleshoot financial, donor compliance and procurement-related queries identified through monitoring grants or as raised by management or field units
Key Skills & Qualifications:
· Part Qualified/Newly Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
· 3 years relevant experience in financial accounting and financial reporting
· Experience in programme finance/donor reporting is essential, whether as an auditor or as part of a charity/as a trustee
· Experience of designing and managing effective administrative systems and procedures
· Experience of budgeting, forecasting and cash-flow management
· Good interpersonal skills with a range of stakeholders
Trace is an innovative recruitment consultancy. Our person organisation fit profiling tool, the Predictive Fit Profiler, is helping us fit our candidates with our clients from a personality, behaviours, motivations and cultural compatibility perspective.