Assistant Management Accountant, Arts & Theatre – Central London, up to GBP30,000 per annum
A leading London theatre are looking for a new Assistant Management Accountant to join their growing team. Suitable candidates will have experience in a finance team and will be studying towards an accountancy qualification. It is preferred that candidates have a short notice or are immediately available, but we will consider candidates on 4 weeks notice or less.
· To work with the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to monitor, analyse, and report on actuals, budgets and forecasts.
· To support daily, weekly and monthly reporting activities and ensure that information is presented in a meaningful, transparent, and timely manner.
· To assist operations teams in monitoring income and expenditure to ensure budgets are met or targets achieved. A key process of this is ensuring variances to forecast or budget are thoroughly investigated in a timely manner.
· To be involved, as appropriate, in operations team and Finance Department special projects, annual budget setting, monthly forecasting, finance systems and process improvements, modelling work, and any other general requirements.
· To be responsible for the month and year end processes for departmental budgets, including the posting of accurate accruals, prepayments and deferred income; and to reconcile and provide commentary on any variances to budget and forecast.
· To assist the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager in year-end statutory accounts reporting.
· To assist the financial accountants with relevant balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring postings are clear and understood by all, and balances substantiated.
· To become a super user of the organisations financial reporting tools and purchasing systems, providing support to other users as required.
· To carry out any other duties as requested by the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager.
· To undertake training deemed necessary by your manager.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
· Part-Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA looking to complete their qualification
· Minimum of 2-years experience as a Finance Assistant/Accounts Assistant
· Keen interest in being part of a creative arts industry
· Strong communication and teamwork skills
· Experience in the sector preferred but not essential