Financial Accountant, Central London – Up to GBP40,000, Non-profit marketing
A new transactional finance position has become available in a small creative organisation based in Central London. The marketing agency is looking for either an experienced transactions manager or confident PQ accountant to come in and lead on all transactional processing, and taking the initiative to improves controls and systems where necessary. This role gives suitable candidates the opportunity to build out their experience outside of transactions and take on a leadership role.
· Ensuring that complete and accurate accounting records for all transactions are maintained, and accounting software is updated and reviewed in a timely manner. This includes accounts payable, receivable, cash, and payroll, with all transactions documented appropriately and relevant accounts reconciled each month.
· Managing the payroll process, including liaising with the outsourced payroll company in the UK, and ensuring that the international offices process payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
· Ensuring that the organisation complies with all relevant financial legislation in the UK and any relevant legislation in international offices. This includes preparing VAT returns and assisting with other statutory returns such as Companies House reports and HMRC returns.
· Reviewing overseas offices’ monthly finance accounts to ensure transactions are coded correctly and have been generated in line with internal controls.
· Uploading local financial accounts into the accounting software.
· Supporting the Head of Finance and the Finance Manager in the consolidation of the yearly accounts and the completion of the audit.
· Assisting with banking operations, including setting up accounts, updating mandates/signatories, making payments, and reconciling accounts.
· Preparing funder reports, whilst ensuring compliance with funder requirements.
· Acting as a point of contact for staff in UK and overseas offices for finance queries, and providing financial support to team members.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
· Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a similar finance role
· Excellent IT skills with experience of operating financial management systems (DMI uses QuickBooks). Competent to advanced level in Microsoft Excel.
· Knowledge of UK taxation including payroll taxes, VAT and corporation tax.
· Understanding of good financial control
· Willingness and ability to take the initiative not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.
· Excellent communication and people skills