Large, listed UK Bank and is looking to recruit a newly / recently qualified Tax Accountant in to their established team.
This is a newly created role to due to increased demands and growth within the bank and is the perfect opportunity for someone within the first few years of tax accounting career.
The role involves managing statutory tax compliance deadlines and obligations and will take responsibility for advising the business and finance teams, as well as taking ownership for the project management of tax projects and deliverables.
Furthermore, a key aspect of the role is to review and assist with all tax compliance matters of the and monitor controls in order to prevent and reduce all risks relating to tax.
The Tax Accountant also seeks to achieve tax savings via the review of processes and monitoring and utilising the legislation.
· Manage the Corporation Tax calculations and the Quarterly VAT Returns
· Manage the accounting side of all taxation including VAT and Bad Debt Relief calculations.
· Ensure that tax computations and returns are filed with the relevant tax authorities
· Respond to tax related queries from internal or external stakeholders on a timely basis and in a practical/ commercial way
· Provide support to the finance function during reporting periods such as the year end including preparation of detailed taxation calculations.
· Ensure that adequate controls are in place including those required by the Senior Accounting Officer regulations and keeping documentation and risk registers up to date.
· Respond to business or HMRC queries on a timely basis.
· Ensure that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the Regulatory Bodies are carried out to the standards required.
The successful candidate will be:
· An experienced tax professional with a suitable professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CTA)
· Experience of Corporate Tax is essential
· Experience of financial services would be beneficial but not essential
· Experience of delivering improvements in tax processes and reporting is highly advantageous
· A quick learner who is keen to get stuck in and make an immediate impact
There is a lot of positive change in this finance team and this is a great opportunity for someone to help shape the ongoing tax processes and gain valuable experience of working in a fast-paced financial services environment.
The role is based in Wimbledon, however staff are currently working from home as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.