A fantastic opportunity for an ambitious candidate looking to move into a Financial Accountant role within an established FTSE250 bank.
This London-based bank is looking to recruit a Newly-Qualified Accountant reporting into the Financial Reporting Manager. Fundamentally the role is key in in providing wide ranging support across external and internal reporting, and oversight of the finance functions in the banking segments. The team is also often involved in a variety of ad hoc analysis and project work, meaning you will get a great variety of experience.
· Fully responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual consolidation procedures
· Manage the preparation of the consolidated quarterly FINREP report
· Responsible for conducting other business reporting and analysis tasks
· Supervise the production of high quality interim and year-end financial reports
· Cooperate and liaise with external auditors and support annual audit processes
· Support with accounting policy responsibilities, including the production of accounting papers and supporting revenue recognition processes.
The successful candidate will be:
· Ideally from an Accountancy Practice, but open to strong candidates for other industries
· Uses strong verbal and numerical analysis skills to produce workable solutions to a range of problems
· Communicates in a succinct, clear and well-structured way, both in written and verbal forms
· Ability to challenge and question processes constructively while working collaboratively with the business
· Structured and logical with high attention to detail
· Ability to plan, organise and manage: time, projects and resources
· Quick learner who can consolidate information to support decision making
· IT literate with advanced Excel skills
· Must be a newly qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA)
· Have a keen interest in Financial Services
Salaries depend on experience, but they can pay between GBP55,000 – GBP60,000.
Please contact Freddie Bermingham at Trace Recruitment directly if you have any questions.