Were looking for a strong Financial Accountant to join this global asset management company, based in London Bridge who is hiring within their project finance function for a 6 month FTC. Reporting to the Senior Financial Controller, this person will be responsible for their own portfolio of projects. They will ensure the effective day-to-day financial operation, management reporting and annual statutory reporting while maintaining relationships with key stakeholders surrounding the project.
This is the perfect opportunity for an individual who wants a wide remit that also has scope beyond its basic responsibilities. The successful applicant will work alongside a team of project finance Accountants and managers with a team of Assistant Accountants helping them.
· Responsible for a portfolio of project companies
· Management of the day-to-day financial performance of project entities, ensuring efficient operation and control
· Contractual cash-flow and operational obligations.
· Establishing and maintaining relationships with key project stakeholders including investors, shareholders, local government bodies, external lenders and asset managers.
· Ownership for production and presentation of financial results to the Board on a quarterly basis
· Ownership for production and updates to the project models and forecasts and managing the relationship with senior lenders for certain projects.
· Efficient and accurate delivery of project reporting requirements including internal quarterly management reporting, annual statutory reporting (including UKGAAP and IFRS).
· Ensuring project entities remain up to date and compliant with relevant legislation including latest accounting standards, Taxation, VAT, Hedge accounting, etc.
· Consolidation of company clusters, including the conversion of accounting policies and balances to IFRS equivalents for group reporting.
· Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
· Experience of IFRS and FRS102 Accounting Standards
· Must be immediately available
· Understanding of tax structures and the ability to assess the impact of changes in tax legislation.
· Strong time management skills and ability to deal with several activity streams simultaneously.
· Ability to work confidently and closely with both senior level staff and non-finance personnel.
· Strong numeracy, analytical and project valuation skills.