A large construction business is hiring an experienced and senior Finance professional to join them to drive projects. The role works closely with the CFO and Finance Director and will be very commercially directed.
You will lead the finance business partnering team to ensure that the strategy and business needs are being met, whilst also leading a fantastic team business partnering team who support senior executives and discuss objectives of multiple construction/CAPEX projects to assist with decision making and enhance project performance.
· You will work with senior delivery and commercial heads in a highly dynamic and pressurised landscape. You will gain and provide critical insight into the ongoing financial performance of the projects. The duties are as follows:
· Provide finance business partnering with senior leadership
· Influence senior executives to make changes to processes and ways of workings where improvements are necessary
· Assist with decision making for the projects
· Develop and implement a financial performance management regime
· Provide insight and analysis for the projects
· Commercially challenge the projects for performance and risk exposure.
· Ensure financial controls are in place
· Complete deep dive reviews of projects to ensure reporting and forecasting are accurate and timely
· Drive improvements as needed
· Assure that financial project performance is on target and that issues are escalated where necessary
Skills & Experience
· You will need to be a Qualified Accountant with PQE experience in managing teams. Your strengths with include Finance Business Partnering and the ability to engage and influence with senior executives.
· Your knowledge will also include best practice project, programme and risk management methodologies and approaches.
· Sector experience will need to be in Construction, Transport, Engineering or a similar industry sector.